Sunday 21 April 2013

Queens Park farmers market on a warm day.


Farmers market in the sun, Salusbury Road Primary School

Ok so I've been meaning to go to the local farmers market much more regularly but 
when its grey and rainy and I'm broke its hard to find the motivation, but no more. 

The worm has turned and the weather can only get better and I'm making it a mid year resolution to visit the farmers market once a week if 
possible.

Our particular farmers market in Queens Park is "Fantastic", it was voted the best farmers market just last year. I can see why, it has such a good selection of different vendors representing so many local farms that its hard not to find something interesting each 
time that you go.













I'm looking forward to using more of the exotic and organic ingredients that I found. On 
this particular trip I settled for picking up a few basics to ease myself back in, I found a 
great dairy vendor who sells 1ltr milk for £1 which is non homogenized, which is quite 
hard to find in the shops, the guy who sells non pasturised milk wasn't there. You can 
only buy non pasturised milk at a market as its against the law to sell it in stores. We 
also picked up some butter from the same vendor, some potatoes, apples and
conference pairs from the main grocer.

Milk, cheese, potatoes, apples and conference pairs.
I was a bit overwhelmed by the shear amount of vendors at this venue and I'll be taking more notes and making some price comparisons on my blogs, plus some recipes that call for very fresh natural ingredients. I'll also be getting to know the vendors much better as everyone I spoke to was friendly and helpful.

I would highly recommend getting down to your local farmers market on a beautiful day and just enjoy the atmosphere. Buy some things as well and help your local farmers 
keep doing what they are doing.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment